The leaves of (Anne Soppu) water spinach are extremely nutritious, containing abundant quantities of vitamins and minerals. They are excellent sources of dietary fiber, protein, calcium, iron, vitamin A and vitamin C which are evidence of its various health benefits:
- Very low in calories and fats.
- Its leaves hold good amount of soluble dietary fiber and no wonder green water spinach is one of the finest vegetable sources recommended in cholesterol controlling and weight reduction programs by dieticians.
- Reduce night blindness, itching eyes and eye ulcers.
- Reduces hypertension.
- Strengthens the heart muscle.
- Helps to reduce Cancer.
- Help in building strong bones.
- Decrease gastric ulcers.
- Reduce the chances of heart attack and stroke.
- Vitamin - A,C,E,K.
- Minerals - Calcium, Copper, Iron, Zinc.