Most people from the South love it as a fruit and its seed as a protein rich nut. In the North, tender jackfruit is a gourmet vegetable and in Bengal, it’s gacch-patha (tree mutton).
In Kerala, it’s primarily a healthy carbohydrate and every other use comes after. Chakka, the raw jackfruit, is consumed as a whole meal, an alternate to rice and roti, along with a protein curry like fish or chickpea.
- It can help you reduce weight
- It can help you beat diabetes
- It helps reduces cholesterol
- It can prevent colon cancer
- It increases your longevity